Coway’s Juicepresso Makes Juicing a Breeze!
Korea’s leading wellness and lifestyle brand, Coway, introduces its patented, award winning JuicePresso™ to Singapore. It’s the perfect way to squeeze in those much-needed nutrients into your daily diet without losing an ounce of the vitamins and minerals from the fruit itself. Common methods adopted by traditional juicers actually destroy a significant amount of vitamins and nutrients from the friction and heat that the blades cause.
Research has shown that juice extracted from fruits using Coway’s Juicepresso ™ contained up to four times more nutritional content in comparison to juice extracted using a traditional juicer. This makes the Juicepresso the perfect answer to those who lead busy lives and don’t get sufficient vitamins from daily meals. The best part is that you can always take your juice with you, and ensure you’re getting only the best results from juicing.
Using a unique low-speed extraction or ‘cold press’ method, the juicing process doesn’t command the entire household’s attention and only emits a low decibel sound. Without the presence of grinders and harsh blades, you’ll benefit from all the goodness that your fruits and vegetables offer.
Coway has come together with Bibi Chia, a leading nutritionist and dietician in Singapore, to create 3 exclusive, easy and healthy recipes – a DIY body scrub, a sugar and preservative-free jam and a detoxifying juice!
This juice serves to provide a boost of iron, vitamin C, essential minerals and antioxidants. It contains apple, beetroot, carrot and watercress.
1 beetroot (about 50g)
1 large carrot
4-5 ice cubes
Handful of watercress (remove any thick stalks)
- Cut the beetroot, carrot, apple into 1-inch cubes and put them into the Juicepresso™.
- Add the watercress and mix the juice well.
- Serve with ice.
Optional: Add a pinch of salt and some black pepper.
An all-natural raspberry jam that’s high in Vitamin C and fibre, which makes it suitable for people with diabetes and those on a weight management diet.
1 Punnet of raspberries (about 170g)
1 Teaspoon of gelatine (or pectin)
- Rinse and strain raspberries before putting them into the Juicepresso™.
- Collect the juice and retain half of the pulp.
- In a pot, heat the juice, ½ the pulp and 1 tsp of gelatine over low heat for about 10 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Pour into a glass container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
GER.LS (Ginger + Lemongrass Scrub) Generation
A detoxifying lemongrass and ginger body scrub that will leave your skin smooth and reinvigorated.
3 Stalks of lemon grass
3-5cm knob of young ginger
50g of coarse salt
2 tablespoons of massage oil
- Use only the bottom 10 cm of the lemon grass (white section). Peel the ginger and cut them into 1 cm cubes.
- Put both the ginger and lemongrass into the Juicepresso™.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ginger and lemongrass pulp with 2 tablespoon of its juice, coarse salt and massage oil.
- Enjoy this naturally warm body treat.
Coway’s JuicePresso™ retails for S$790 and is available at the following outlets:
- Coway Shoppe, 16 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089123
- TANGS Orchard, 310 Orchard Road, Singapore 238864
- TANGS Vivocity, 1 Harbourfront Walk #02-189, Singapore 098585
Siti Zawani: Weddings/Relationships, Food and Fitness writer.