A great way to save some cash on your wedding is to make your own wedding cake. And with wedding cupcake tiers gaining popularity, it makes it easy to do too. It is a modern take on the traditional wedding cake, takes away the hassle of dividing the cake up so everyone gets a piece and it’s stylish! Here’s how to get started:
- Get the number of guests finalized so you know how many to make. If you’re feeling energetic, you can double the number so each guest can bring one home as well as a wedding favour – this means more money saved as well.
- Decide on a cupcake decoration and flavour. Do you want to stick to one flavor or offer a mix for variety? Chocolate chips, nuts and fruits add decadence to your creation. A simple buttercream frosting in a colour that matches your decoration is great, topped with rainbow sprinkles or edible petals. Using a pretty printed cupcake case helps add colour as well.
- Choose a tiered stand that is suitable for your cupcakes. It needs to be sturdy, as well as big and high enough for your cupcakes. Extra cupcakes that are to be given away as favours can be individually wrapped or boxed separately from your cake.
- Plan ahead and get friends to help. While the cupcakes themselves can be prepared ahead of time, the frosting and decoration should be done as close as possible to the wedding day. Don’t be afraid to use packet mixes to save time – there are several recipes online that show you how to take packet mixes to the next level with some simple added ingredients.
- Get help in transporting and assembling the cupcakes. You’ll be too busy getting your hair and make-up done, so get your friends or family involved in this. Make sure you leave instructions for the extra cupcakes that will be used as wedding favours.
So go ahead and take the plunge with a wedding cupcake tier. It takes some work, but it will be all worth it. Let your creativity take over and enjoy your special day with a delicious confection that you made yourself and soak in the compliments.